Sangria has always been around, but it’s never been something that I gravitate to when I’m in the mood for wine. That all changed when my mom discovered an easy and amazing recipe for festive white sangria and got us all a bit tipsy. It is so delicious! It is light and fruity, and it looks so beautiful with rosemary.
All it needs is a red apple, a green apple, fresh cranberries, a bottle of pinot grigio, some white grape juice, club soda and fresh rosemary. It takes 15 minutes to put together, and an hour to sit in the fridge so that the wine gets infused with the flavours of the fruit and the rosemary (if you can wait that long to drink it!). It also gives you an excuse to go to Superstore and buy a pretty glass pitcher if you don’t already have one, like I did. By the way, totally doesn’t matter what kind of pinot grigio you use. I used a $10 bottle from Copper Moon, and it tasted delicious to me!
I made a batch of this for our Thanksgiving dinner, and I’ll be making it again for as many festive holiday parties as I can in the next few months. The apples and cranberries look like edible confetti in your glass. The smell of rosemary is divine! Give it a try, and let me know what you think. Check out the recipe below!
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 Royal Gala apple
- 1 heaping cup fresh cranberries
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bottle Pinot Grigio white wine
- 1/2 cup Welch's white grape juice
- 1 can club soda
- Rinse and chop apples into small cubes.
- Put apples, cranberries and one large sprig of fresh rosemary into a large glass pitcher.
- Pour the pinot grigio and white grape juice over the fruit. Give it a quick stir and put the pitcher in the fridge for about an hour so that the liquid is infused with the flavours of the rosemary and fruit.
- In the meantime, put one small sprig of rosemary into each glass as a garnish.
- Pull the pitcher out of the fridge and add the club soda just before serving. Give it one more quick stir, pour, and enjoy!