I’m Nicole, a graphic designer living in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with my talented photographer husband Nathan and our adorable daniff pup Freyja (Yes, she has her own Instagram account!). We live on a tree-lined street in a cute little brick duplex that we love to call home. I have a serious love of styling interiors and parties and can often be found restyling a room or curled up with a glass of wine and my closest friends!
Nathan and I both come from Dutch family backgrounds, hence the name Dutchie Love. I’ve always enjoyed writing and combining word and image to tell a story, and this blog is my way of capturing memories, sharing my passions, and inspiring others to do what they love. Thanks for following along! If you ever want to chat, feel free to get in touch.
A little bit about me:
- I once read 100 books in a year. Fantasy novels full of adventure are my favourite.
- Our wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty Canada!
- Though I live in the prairies, my soul is happiest by the ocean.
- I love drawing detailed pencil portraits of interesting people.
- I’m a sap for weddings. I just love love!
- My favourite colour is gold, with a healthy dose of black.
- I can quote most of the Lord of the Rings movies.
- I’m a taurus and an ISFJ personality type, a.k.a. a social introvert!