I’m Nicole, a settler living on Treaty 6 Territory (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) with the love of my life Nathan and our sweet baby girl, Penelope. We live on a tree-lined street in a cute little brick duplex that we love to call home. I’m in the throws of new motherhood and navigating a new version of myself!
Nathan and I both come from Dutch family backgrounds, hence the name Dutchie Love. I’ve always enjoyed writing and combining word and image to tell a story, and this blog is my way of capturing memories, sharing my passions, and inspiring others to do what they love. Thanks for following along! If you ever want to chat, feel free to get in touch.
A little bit about me:
- I once read 100 books in a year. Fantasy novels full of adventure are my favourite.
- Our wedding was featured on Style Me Pretty Canada!
- Though I live in the prairies, my soul is happiest by the ocean.
- I love drawing miniature inkscapes of beautiful places – check out #winskimini on Instagram.
- My favourite colour is a moody olive green.
- My houseplant collection is constantly growing.
- I can quote most of the Lord of the Rings movies.
- I’m a taurus and an ISFJ personality type, a.k.a. a social introvert!
- Becoming a mother after infertility is the best gift I’ve ever received.